Ideas.

This forum should be used to suggest new features or enhancements to the game
  • Author
wack3jo

Ideas.

PostTue Nov 15, 2011 5:25 am

Hey guys, just some ideas I came up with. :D
Please take the time to read them all.
Most of them would require water, armor, or bows and arrows, so I'm not saying do them now, they're just ideas.
Feel free to say what you think of them.
Jack and XsX.
No pressure whatsoever to put them in, they are only things I thought of when watching JJ.
click here and here

wack3jo

Mobs

PostWed Nov 16, 2011 6:24 pm

Exploding Slime:
Red instead of green. When Jack get's close, it pops, spraying goo. If he's hit with these, he's harmed, but if they hit blocks, they turn into explosive slime goo. That way, one Exploslime would give around 8 explosive goo. The explogoo could then be put into vials, which you then chuck. when the vial hits something, it creates an explosion. (thanks to Mrtubaperson for the explosive vial idea.)

Bear.
Surface mob. Comes out at night OR walks around durying the day, and gets aggressive at night. Tougher than your usual enemy, but doesn't bounce.
Drops when killed: bear meat (like pig meat), bearskin (which can be used to craft armor, a bearskin rug deco, and bearskin furniture), and claws (deco or for making a type of weapon).

Bearskin rug.
deco.
[ ] [b] [ ]
[b] [b] [b]
[b] [b] [b]
b = bearskin

Indian warrior:
Is found in jungle biomes or above ground at night. Hunts sheep, pigs, and cows with a bow and arrow, but runs away from other mobs and Jack. He drops a rare Indian headpiece deco, arrows, and random Indian trinkets/treasure.

Scorpion:
Slow, small, and doesn't jump, but can climp up walls and upside down on the ceiling. Gives Jack and all other mobs a rather nasty sting. Drops poison goo. This can be kept in jars, or thrown onto the ground to create a poison film that covers the top of the block you threw it on. The poison film damages all mobs that touche it, including Jack. This is a good way to protect against scorpions and other enemies.

Rattlesnake.
Lives in trees. Falls down on Jack when he passes beneath, or when the tree is cut down. Not very dangerous or hard to kill. Appears in both day and night. Drops snake meat (like pig meat, but heals Jack a lot less).

Bird:
Some of you guys have suggested this, but I felt like adding it anyway.
Friendly mob that flies randomly around and rests on leaf bricks and by water. If Jack comes with two squares, it's startled, and flies off. Can only be killed with a bow and arrow, or if it lands on a poison slime film. Drops feathers when killed, which can be used to make better arrows that fly further/straighter.
Last edited by wack3jo on Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
click here and here

wack3jo

NPC's

PostWed Nov 16, 2011 6:24 pm

Farmer (when the farming update comes out): sells seeds and food in exchange for tools. grows crops around his house.

Blacksmith: sells weapons and tools in exchange for coal and ingots.

Wizard: Lives underground. sells health potions in exchange for berries, mushrooms, and slime goo.

Wizard Minion: Trolls that roams around at night in search for mushrooms. Is not harmful, but runs away from enemies (slime, skull etc). Drops when killed special troll trinkets.
Bank: stores your excess junk in exchange for money/treasure. you could sell stuff here too.
click here and here

wack3jo

Mushrooms

PostWed Nov 16, 2011 6:25 pm

Mushrooms:
small mushroom:
Appears at night and disappears in the morning. Used as a small health boost or deco.
large mushroom:
Only found at night every four cycles. They then appear at sunset, and disappear at sunrise. They can be used as a big health boost, or as deco.
water mushroom:
Only appears when it rains, and for a little while afterwards. Looks like a water drop on a stalk, so hard to find in the rain. Used as deco.
click here and here

MrTubaPerson

Re: Ideas.

PostWed Nov 16, 2011 6:29 pm

I especially like the bear suggestion and its drops. Maybe instead of exploslime goo turning into regular goo, it can then be used to craft some sort of explosive? (i.e. red goo in a small vial, explodes on impact with other objects when thrown)
:-D

wack3jo

PostWed Nov 16, 2011 6:30 pm

Just wait. I have heaps more ideas to post.
click here and here

wack3jo

Rain

PostWed Nov 16, 2011 6:33 pm

One thing I would love to see, is rain. Like sometimes it could just drizzle, and at other times it would pour down with thunder and lightning, darkening the sky. While exposed to heavy rain, Jack slowly looses health (1/4 of a heart every 5 seconds).
That would provide more incentive to build a home. During and for a little while after, the ground could be soggy, and Jack could splash as he walks. Dirt blocks mine easier when soggy.

Umbrella.
Protects Jack from the rain. Slowly wears out in the rain.
[c] [c] [c]
[ ] [p] [ ]
[ ] [p] [ ]
c = cloth
p = planks

sorry, if forgot to add this.
Water slime.
Only comes out when it rains, and disappears afterwards. Identical to the slime, only blue. Instead of dropping green goo, it drops blue goo, so you can make blue torches.
Last edited by wack3jo on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
click here and here

MrTubaPerson

PostWed Nov 16, 2011 6:42 pm

-rockblock: a mob that looks like a normal stone block and is undetctable until awakened, awakened by attacking/"mining" it, stepping on it, or standing right next to it for 10 seconds

-blue slimes: peaceful unless attacked, if provoked have the ability to go through 1 block (can go through one block at a time if spaced as :stone: [_] :stone:
cannot go through this :stone: :stone: )

Maybe rain also creates runoff water, unlike Minecraft

wack3jo

Ranged weapons.

PostWed Nov 16, 2011 6:45 pm

Bow.
A weapon that fires arrows. As long as you have arrows in your inventory or hotbar, and the bow is selected, when you tap the screen, Jack shoots and arrow at where you tapped.
[p] [p] [ ]
[y] [ ] [p]
[ ] [y] [p]
p = planks
y = yarn

Arrows
basic arrow.
The standard arrow the bow fires. It travels 3 or 4 blocks in a gradual arch, and then falls to the ground. The higher the level of tip you use (wood to mythril), the more damage it inflicts. They can be picked up once shot, but will disappear after a while on the ground like most items. The craft supplies 3 arrows.
[ ] [w] [ ]
[ ] [p] [ ]
[ ] [p] [ ]
p = planks
w = wood/stone/iron etc...

Feathered arrow.
The same as the basic arrow, but flies 2 blocks further and does slightly more damage. The craft supplies 3 feathered arrows.
[ ] [w] [ ]
[ ] [p] [ ]
[ ] [f] [ ]
p = planks
w = wood/stone/iron etc...
f = feather (supplied by the birds)

Sling.
Ranged weapon that flings stone pieces in an arch. Good for getting mobs behind a block. Acts in the same way as a bow.
[c] [c] [c]
[y] [ ] [y]
[y] [ ] [y]
c = cloth
y = yarn

Stone piece.
These can be crafted when standing near an anvil.
[ ] [ ] [ ] (anvil)
[ ] [s] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]
s = stone

Blowpipe.
Used to fire darts in a straight line for 3 or 4 blocks. Fires the same way as a bow.
[ ] [b] [ ]
[ ] [b] [ ]
[ ] [b] [ ]
b = bamboo

Dart.
The basic projectile for a blowpipe.
[ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ] [p] [ ]
[ ] [f] [ ]
p = planks
f = feather

Poison Dart.
The more advanced projectile for the blowpipe. It deals a little more damage than a basic dart, but also momentarily stuns the mob it hits.
[ ] [g] [ ]
[ ] [p] [ ]
[ ] [f] [ ]
p = plank
f = feather
g = goo
click here and here

wack3jo

Traps

PostWed Nov 16, 2011 6:49 pm

You should already have seen the poison slime.

Trap door.
Kinda like a bridge, but whenever a mob stands on it, it swings open, dropping the mob, and then stays that way for 5 seconds.
[ ] [ ] [ ]
[p] [w] [p]
[n] [ ] [n]
p = planks
w = widget
n = nail

Spikes.
Place these on the top of blocks, facing up.
If anything touches it, they are hurt.
[ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ] [n] [ ]
[n] [n] [n]

What about if there was a dirt block that, when placed, appears in the foreground, and when you tap it, moves back to the background. It would return in place after a few seconds if you aren't standing in front of it.
Crafted like this.
[d] [d] [d]
[d] [w] [d]
[d] [d] [d]
d = dirt
w = widget
:approved: or :disapproved:
Last edited by wack3jo on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
click here and here

wack3jo

PostWed Nov 16, 2011 6:54 pm

That's all for now, I'll come up with more later.
click here and here

MrTubaPerson

PostWed Nov 16, 2011 6:57 pm

-Gillie Suit: No ideas on how it would be crafted yet, except it would probably involve yarn and leaves. Whenever worn, enemies can't detect you unless you're moving

MrTubaPerson

PostWed Nov 16, 2011 7:12 pm

-Fence: A block that mobs cannot jump on or go through (except a provoked blue slime, see above post), but you the player are able to.

Coffee Bean: Grows on certain plants, similar to the way apples grow on trees. Can be used with a furnace, water, and a pot to make coffee, which can then be consumed to let your character go faster for a limited time.

Signs: I know I've mentioned this before, but they would be really useful

wack3jo

PostWed Nov 16, 2011 7:47 pm

MrTubaPerson wrote:-Fence: A block that mobs cannot jump on or go through (except a provoked blue slime, see above post), but you the player are able to.

Coffee Bean: Grows on certain plants, similar to the way apples grow on trees. Can be used with a furnace, water, and a pot to make coffee, which can then be consumed to let your character go faster for a limited time.

Signs: I know I've mentioned this before, but they would be really useful

I like the coffee +1 :asd:
click here and here

MrTubaPerson

PostThu Nov 17, 2011 12:54 am

-Pushable Blocks: Pretty self explanatory, I can't think of any uses for it, but it probably be possible to do some neat stuff with it

-Blocks Affected By Gravity: I know a few people are against this, but it was an important part of Minecraft that sand and gravel were factors when mining, and I don't think that something similar to that would be a bad thing...

-Junk Vendor: This was on the Pixbit's blog waaaaaaaaay long ago, and I thought it was a fantastic idea. It was basically a NPC that you could sell items to. I'm not sure if you could then by equipment from him, but that would seem to make sense

-Flammable Blocks/Items That Cause Fire: Things such as wood, leaves, grass, bamboo, and papyra could be flammable blocks along with any other blocks the devs choose to produce. Materials to make a fire causing tool could maybe be found in the hell biome. However, due to the resources this would eat up, I would suggest not implementing it until after a farming update

-Rugs: Can be woven or found, when placed it covers the top 1/4th of a block, and the same rugs can be places next to each other and merge, similar to how bridges do
Next

Return to Gameplay Discussion