• We need your support! 

Weird damage glitch

This is the general forum concerning Junk Jack Retro
  • Author
Numismaster

Weird damage glitch

PostThu May 28, 2015 7:14 pm

Hello!

I am new to these forums, but I've been playing Junk Jack for about a year or so. Recently I experienced a strange glitch and I was wondering if anyone has else had the same experience.

I was walking along a tunnel just above the bedrock when I started taking damage for no reason. The tunnel is well lit and there were no monsters spawned around me. I tried to run away from whatever was hurting me but is was no use. I died within seconds although I was completely alone in the tunnel. The weirdest part was that after I respawned in my home on the surface, I still received a heart's worth of damage. This has only happened to me once in the hundreds of hours that I have played this game.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that and see if anyone knew what happened to me.

-Numismaster

mastery51

Re: Weird damage glitch

PostFri May 29, 2015 1:09 am

:dunno: i never encountered it. It sure sounds strange though. Maybe it is some sort of visual lag and there is a monster there or something related to the area you are in.
What device are you using may I ask?
Seeking Adventure

TwelveFoot

PostFri May 29, 2015 1:47 am

See? See, see, see? I'm not crazy. You all thought I was crazy. But I'm not. He saw it too! Not crazy. Nope, nope, nope. Wheehehehehehe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW34OAlIsHk

Seriously though. I have no idea what's happening. That video is from the original Junk Jack. Only damaged me when zoomed out. And as I remember, it was only in that one area. If I walked further to the right I could zoom out without any problem.
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Searching for a much needed counterpoint to my cynical world view.
5. We scream, we shout, we wail, we cry; but in the end we all must die.

Numismaster

PostWed Aug 10, 2016 11:30 am

Hello again! I know it's been a while but I finally figured out what was going on in the glitch that I described a year ago. On very rare occasions a monster can spawn that is invisible but still fully functional. I only noticed this because I had an invisible bomb throwing skeleton that was chasing me and I could see the sparks from the explosions. Interestingly, the bombs that it threw were also invisible.

Return to General