• We need your support! 

Weird damage glitch

This is the general forum concerning Junk Jack Retro
  • Author
Numismaster

Weird damage glitch

PostThu May 28, 2015 7:14 pm

Hello!

I am new to these forums, but I've been playing Junk Jack for about a year or so. Recently I experienced a strange glitch and I was wondering if anyone has else had the same experience.

I was walking along a tunnel just above the bedrock when I started taking damage for no reason. The tunnel is well lit and there were no monsters spawned around me. I tried to run away from whatever was hurting me but is was no use. I died within seconds although I was completely alone in the tunnel. The weirdest part was that after I respawned in my home on the surface, I still received a heart's worth of damage. This has only happened to me once in the hundreds of hours that I have played this game.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that and see if anyone knew what happened to me.

-Numismaster

mastery51

Re: Weird damage glitch

PostFri May 29, 2015 1:09 am

:dunno: i never encountered it. It sure sounds strange though. Maybe it is some sort of visual lag and there is a monster there or something related to the area you are in.
What device are you using may I ask?
Seeking Adventure

TwelveFoot

PostFri May 29, 2015 1:47 am

See? See, see, see? I'm not crazy. You all thought I was crazy. But I'm not. He saw it too! Not crazy. Nope, nope, nope. Wheehehehehehe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW34OAlIsHk

Seriously though. I have no idea what's happening. That video is from the original Junk Jack. Only damaged me when zoomed out. And as I remember, it was only in that one area. If I walked further to the right I could zoom out without any problem.
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Lack of objection does not indicate consent.
5. We scream, we shout, we wail, we cry; but in the end we all must die.

Numismaster

PostWed Aug 10, 2016 11:30 am

Hello again! I know it's been a while but I finally figured out what was going on in the glitch that I described a year ago. On very rare occasions a monster can spawn that is invisible but still fully functional. I only noticed this because I had an invisible bomb throwing skeleton that was chasing me and I could see the sparks from the explosions. Interestingly, the bombs that it threw were also invisible.

Return to General