Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Translating Junk Jack X

This is the general forum concerning Junk Jack Retro
  • Author
RobinRe123

Re: Translating Junk Jack X

PostSun Jun 29, 2014 2:19 pm

Ok sounds good so far. I have one more question: in germany there are special characters like "ä, ö, ü, ß". Is it possible to display them in the game (there are only four special characters in germany, and they are commonly used).
If you need help, you can send me a PM. I will do my best to answer your questions :)

Jack

PostSun Jun 29, 2014 2:35 pm

Since the game font actually is a png (and not a true type font) we have almost complete support for ISO 8859-1 character set (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO/IEC_8859-1) which supports German as much as many other languages. For more complex languages (see Korean, Chinese and Japanese) which have pictograms we'll study an affordable way to manage them.

RobinRe123

PostSun Jun 29, 2014 2:47 pm

Ok, thats awesome. Then everything should work fine :D
If you need help, you can send me a PM. I will do my best to answer your questions :)

qazedc1212

PostSun Jun 29, 2014 3:25 pm

Jack wrote:Since the game font actually is a png (and not a true type font) we have almost complete support for ISO 8859-1 character set (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO/IEC_8859-1) which supports German as much as many other languages. For more complex languages (see Korean, Chinese and Japanese) which have pictograms we'll study an affordable way to manage them.

We could use PinYin, but it would look unprofessional. It would solve the problem :sisi:
Regards, qazedc.

Find me:
YouTube | Website | Twitter

SmexyJunkie

PostSun Jun 29, 2014 6:58 pm

Special Norwegian letters are extremely simple. They are just normal letters with small additions.

æ, ø and å are all special letters.
╭━━╮╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╭╮╱╱╱╱╭╮╭╮
┃━━╋━━┳━┳┳┳┳╮┃┣┳┳━┳┫┣╋╋━╮
┣━━┃┃┃┃┻╋┃┫┃┣┫┃┃┃┃┃┃━┫┃┻┫
╰━━┻┻┻┻━┻┻╋╮┣━┻━┻┻━┻┻┻┻━╯
╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╰━╯
GameCenter: SimenHund - Twitter: SmexyJunkie - Tumblr: SmexyJunkie

RobinRe123

PostSun Jun 29, 2014 7:51 pm

German language is complete!

123outerme

PostSun Jun 29, 2014 7:59 pm

Smex, I though you left...?
(mods, feel free to move this to a seperate topic)
GC: 123outerme | "If I'm not me, who's anybody?" - Me | 2nd Signature
123outerme wrote:Edit button. Top right corner. Use it.

Jack

PostMon Jun 30, 2014 3:00 am

Just to let the german translators feel the thing, since they worked hard to finish it (but a lot of things are still missing because they are not localized yet):

Multipackwolf

PostMon Jun 30, 2014 4:33 am

Good work Translators!
Sadly I only speak English, otherwise I'd translate.. And I'm not about to use Google Translate because y'know.
Steam | Discord - Multarix#3888
Warframe | Hammerhead of <Space Shark Incorporated> | Multarix
Black Desert (NA, UNO) | Officer of <Aggro> | Indus
Revelation Online (NA, Snowpine) | Chairperson of <Skywhale> | RNGesus

Ozvooky

PostMon Jun 30, 2014 5:39 am

Multipackwolf wrote:Good work Translators!
Sadly I only speak English, otherwise I'd translate.. And I'm not about to use Google Translate because y'know.

yea :asd:

RobinRe123

PostMon Jun 30, 2014 6:30 am

Cool to see that Jack. However I think I am going to change some of the strings because they are a bit too long right now.

Edit: Double-checked the mobs. Everything is correct in this section. Can be approved.

Edit2: Same applies to the strings. Everything is also correct in this section.

However, it will take some more time for the treasures ^^. If I remember correctly, the explanations in the options menu are missing in the files on Crowdin. For example when you want to know what effect an option has, there is no such English file yet which can be translated.

JWreloaded

PostMon Jun 30, 2014 8:44 am

Oh you are quite fast ;)

I will also have a look at the translations again...

RobinRe123

PostMon Jun 30, 2014 9:47 am

:asd: Thanks and welcome to the forum.

Double checked everything. There should not be mistakes anymore. Everything should be ready now :) (Even the treasures ^^)

Jack

PostMon Jun 30, 2014 12:20 pm

RobinRe123 wrote:Cool to see that Jack. However I think I am going to change some of the strings because they are a bit too long right now.

Edit: Double-checked the mobs. Everything is correct in this section. Can be approved.

Edit2: Same applies to the strings. Everything is also correct in this section.

However, it will take some more time for the treasures ^^. If I remember correctly, the explanations in the options menu are missing in the files on Crowdin. For example when you want to know what effect an option has, there is no such English file yet which can be translated.

I gave you and entoger the proofreader power, you should be able to approve them directly by yourself. Since this implies that the text could end up in the final version of the game please avoid approving anything which is not precise.

Mind that while you are able to approve things in other languages you must not do it, or I'll remove the power as soon as it happens, forewarned is forearmed :)

Just a side note: if something was CAPITALIZED then it mostly means it should be CAPITALIZED even in the translation version. Same thing applies to Camel Cased things (first letter of each work capitalized) or to uncapitalized things. In italian we usually tend to avoid capitalization of prepositions, eg "Piccone di Legno" (Wood Pickaxe) doesn't get di (which is of in English) capitalized.

JWreloaded

PostMon Jun 30, 2014 12:55 pm

OK, thank you! (i´m engtoger) ;)

We always try to keep it in the same style as the original ;)
PreviousNext

Return to General