Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

The future of Junk Jack

This is the general forum concerning Junk Jack

Do you agree with us?

Yes, I would like to see a new and improved Junk Jack!
82%
No, because I have an old device.
8%
No, because I don't want to buy another product.
8%
No, because of a specific reason (please explain).
2%

Total votes : 407

• Author
pixbits

Site Admin

The future of Junk Jack

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 1:15 pm

During last 16 months we worked hard for Junk Jack. We did everything with love and commitment by adding many features and trying to find the right way between what we wanted and what you were expecting from our game.
There also have been moments of complete pain or desperation, like on game release, when the product didn’t work at all with older devices and we had to find ways around problems, this has been our first real game development experience so at least we can say that we learned something even if with some stress included :)

Now, we reached a sort of turning point for many reasons.

Junk Jack is a good product but it’s still very far from what we want to deliver to all of you. This is because of time and of a big constraint that we have to live with that is the old devices compatibility that clips our wings by forcing us to limit what we can do.

Another reason is that Apple dropped the support for armv6 starting with XCode 4.5. Armv6 is the CPU that powers older devices (iPod2G, iPhone3G) so to provide compatibility with new devices (iPhone5) we are forced to drop support for these devices.

At the same time the AppStore is a strange market, it doesn’t award just how good a game is but it’s an ever-changing ecosystem in which you have to fight against discounts and mass products so chances are that Junk Jack will slowly disappear.

We would like to take the game as it is today and start a new project from there by adding many features that we had in mind for too much time at this point. These include multiplayer, fully fledged equip system, multiple worlds with different environments and many others major features that we can’t simply implement so far because of the old devices compatibility.

The new project will include everything that Junk Jack already has and much more but it would drop old devices compatibility to allow everything to work (we can assure you that we did already everything we could to maintain it so far without cutting out any old device).

Of course this means that we won’t be able to follow Junk Jack as much as today because we will be busy implementing the new game, so unless content updates you won’t see many new things until the next one is ready!

We hope this monologue didn’t annoy you too much, but we want to hear what our community thinks. You and your support are and will always be the fuel that makes us two work so well, everything else is just something to pay our bills.

The Pixbits

ShinyFlamingHeart

Re: The future of Junk Jack

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 1:17 pm

Ok, So your trying to put in the mostly suggested ideas to ehance the game and it's ratings?
Open Spoiler
Image<- Me

I like to Roleplay. I like to be mentioned as an assassin or rouge when Roleplaying.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE PENGUIN CULT!
K1LL 3V3RY7H1N6

Killerofsheep

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 1:19 pm

So it will be Junk Jack v2.0 or an entirely new game?
                  _▉_
⊙_⊙)    (◐_◐ )

ShinyFlamingHeart

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 1:21 pm

KOS I think I would think it would look like an entirely new game
Open Spoiler
Image<- Me

I like to Roleplay. I like to be mentioned as an assassin or rouge when Roleplaying.
K1LL 3V3RY7H1N6

Jack

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 1:22 pm

Killerofsheep wrote:So it will be Junk Jack v2.0 or an entirely new game?

It will include everythin Junk Jack already has. It will be a sort of upgraded edition. :)

ShinyFlamingHeart

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 1:24 pm

Oh, I get it now so it would just be JJ WAY better?
Open Spoiler
Image<- Me

K1LL 3V3RY7H1N6

TwelveFoot

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 1:36 pm

Sounds good to me. :D
TwelveFoot

1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Lack of objection does not indicate consent.
5. How am I gonna be an optimist about this?

Multipackwolf

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 1:43 pm

You have no idea how much i just typed before my iPod crashed :x
Attempt 2 soon (hopefully)
Forum | Twitter | Facebook | GC - MultiPackWolf
Life is my injury. Love is my medicine.
Your post count is irrelevant. See mine for details.

castaway

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 1:53 pm

This is a bit... Sudden. Nice surprise, though. I have a 4th gen iPod anyway.
So junk jack will have magic and stuff? Well, that's what the wizard hat suggests. And the armour... Will people have to buy a new product? If so, how much?
Last edited by castaway on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Plays: The Binding of Isaac, Final Fantasy Dimensions and Portal 2.
My Wattpad: http://www.wattpad.com/user/TheWarpedWizard

Unnamed

• Warnings: 1

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 1:56 pm

I cant decide if yes or no,yes because im sure that my ipad can handle it,but no because there are people with 2g ipod/iphones which have just enough max ram to run junk jack
IT IS SPREADING!

Multipackwolf

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 1:57 pm

Okay.. So i typed this in notes so YAY.

It's long so it's in the spoiler
Open Spoiler
So... Firstly, I'm guessing that by older devices, you mean the 1st, 2nd and 3rd gens? Which is good, because I have a 4th... (despiste safari) which handles most things like a dream. The thing is, from what I've seen on the forums, most people seem to have older devices, though with the new iPhone 5 out, most are upgrading so thats an apple bonus...

Anyway, back to the point, Junk Jack v2.0 should also, (because of the new devices only) be called Junk Jack HD, so that would be cool to see that happen, though the name will obviosly be decided on by Pixbits... added that with Multiplayer, makes it even more awesome, and more people to buy the app :).

Overall, this will be a great idea! Thumbs up from me :approved: though the fact that I will have to buy Junk Jack again for all that stuff makes me kind of mad, though Pixbits, you deserve it :)

Now, after all that typing... Can you see why I hate Safari?

ps3gamer11

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 2:14 pm

So the price will be 2.99 again, or will the price be higher? I'm perfectly fine with buying it again since junk jack itself is awesome, but with multiplayer and everything it'll be even more awesome! I'm sure a lot more people will buy the game.

And multipack, you should get a different browser off the App Store. I use dolphin browser, only crashed about twice, and had it for about 5 months. I'm sure it's faster to.
A true member of the JJ Hitman Group "X"

eat it.

Multipackwolf

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 2:20 pm

Meh... I'll just stick with Safari, and when it's about to crash (I can see my ram, it's on 50MB atm) i'll switch to idownloader... Then back again... Simple :)
Anyway... Maybe for like the first month the price could be like $0.99 and then go back up to $2.99... I didn't even relize i payed that much for Junk jack o-O

RobinRe123

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 2:36 pm

This sounds absolutely great. I would love to see multiplayer and other great features in an updated, new Junk Jack game. But I have two questions: How much time will you need to finish this game? And will we beta testers be able to test the game before launch so everything goes right this time?

But I think you should drop the price of the normal Junk Jack now so you will get much more money. I am sure it will really boost your sales now if you drop the price to $1 or $2. Please consider this because it will help you very much.
If you need help, you can send me a PM. I will do my best to answer your questions :)

Multipackwolf

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 2:42 pm

Also, a price drop now, would show that something might be about to happen, and to keep an eye on Pixbits...

And yes, beta would carry over to the new Junk Jack (well I assume so) as we signed up to beta test the game for them :) Man... I hope you guys like crashes... Actually, Junk Jack is very stable atm :approved:
Next

Return to General