Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Yay! Another repetitive release date question!

This is the general forum concerning Junk Jack Retro
  • Author
RunnyGnome

Yay! Another repetitive release date question!

PostMon Oct 10, 2011 1:59 am

Hello Internet people! I know this forum was mainly made for those who are beta testing (lucky sons-of-smurfs!) to report bugs and who-how, but I have a most jazzy question for your multi-colored minds. Not that it's not fun waiting for our beta-accepted overlords to show us certain parts of gameplay on the Tube Of You, But I only think it's fair that you give the ones who applied for said beta but weren't excepted some sort of indication of when the game will be submitted. Also, I realize that your an indie group, and I encourage you to keep the game in development as long as possible, but that still doesn't mean you can go crazy with false release dates and signs of hope. I mean, you said you would probably submit the game on the last day of September, and that seemed pretty far away at the time, but now it's what, October 9th? And your still in beta? No offense, it just seems like it's taking a while. Thanks!

TanTan

Re: Yay! Another repetitive release date question!

PostMon Oct 10, 2011 2:05 am

We all understand that your excited to play the game, but being a part of the beta isn't about "getting the game early". The beta is meant to balance out the game and improve the quality of the final version. I'm sorry but there is a good chance that the game will not be released by the time you go on that road trip with your mom. And even if you were accepted to the beta, only one device would be able to use the app anyways.

And I also didn't get into the beta, and I'm just as excited about the release as you are.

RunnyGnome

PostMon Oct 10, 2011 2:22 am

Did anyone really apply for the beta to help find bugs? I would sure as Notch hope so! But most of them probably did in fact apply to "Get the game early". But as you can see from the "Bugs" thread, most of them have stepped up to the occasion and reported bugs, which is good, but probably not the reason they originally applied for the beta.

Chocolate

PostMon Oct 10, 2011 2:56 am

RunnyGnome wrote:Did anyone really apply for the beta to help find bugs?

Guilty.

That's the point of betas

SAYYEDDEYYAS

PostMon Oct 10, 2011 2:58 am

Yes. You said it would be here by the end of September. I want to play it now. What is the expected date now?

WhenThCome4Me

PostMon Oct 10, 2011 3:03 am

I am going to take a guess here.
The faster bugs are found, and the faster they are removed, the faster it will be released. People are loving this game, and it seems they're playing constantly for a solid while, meaning bugs are being found quite fast. If the rate of finding and fixing bugs continues hopefully the beta should be complete in about two weeks time, maybe even less. Then, if there is no second testing period, then we could expect a release late this month or early next month.

RunnyGnome

PostMon Oct 10, 2011 3:10 am

Jackjack wrote:
RunnyGnome wrote:Did anyone really apply for the beta to help find bugs?

Guilty.

That's the point of betas

With the exeption of the obviously perfect JackJack, of course.

RunnyGnome

PostMon Oct 10, 2011 3:17 am

WhenThCome4Me wrote:I am going to take a guess here.
The faster bugs are found, and the faster they are removed, the faster it will be released. People are loving this game, and it seems they're playing constantly for a solid while, meaning bugs are being found quite fast. If the rate of finding and fixing bugs continues hopefully the beta should be complete in about two weeks time, maybe even less. Then, if there is no second testing period, then we could expect a release late this month or early next month.

I'm not mad their finding and deleting bugs. I'm mad that they gave us a release date and broke it. If a developer is ever to give a release date, they should stick to it or not announce it at all. TROLOLOLOLO! :mrgreen:

ArienMC

PostMon Oct 10, 2011 3:31 am

RunnyGnome wrote:

I'm not mad their finding and deleting bugs. I'm mad that they gave us a release date and broke it. If a developer is ever to give a release date, they should stick to it or not announce it at all. TROLOLOLOLO! :mrgreen:

They never set that release date in stone. They said they "hoped" to get it released by the end of September. How ever I'm with you. I wish they never even brought a release date into it, because now I feel like I've been waiting forever. If they didn't give a date I would have nothing to look forward too, therefore be less interested (obsessed) with the game, waiting for it to come out.

RunnyGnome

PostMon Oct 10, 2011 3:35 am

ArienMC wrote:
RunnyGnome wrote:

They never set that release date in stone. They said they "hoped" to get it released by the end of September. How ever I'm with you. I wish they never even brought a release date into it, because now I feel like I've been waiting forever. If they didn't give a date I would have nothing to look forward too, therefore be less interested (obsessed) with the game, waiting for it to come out.

You sir, are completely and absolutely right.

Chocolate

PostMon Oct 10, 2011 3:38 am

RunnyGnome wrote:

Right cause no game, music, video, or other form of entertainment has ever had to been pushed back :roll:

RunnyGnome

PostMon Oct 10, 2011 4:31 am

Jackjack wrote:
RunnyGnome wrote:

Right cause no game, music, video, or other form of entertainment has ever had to been pushed back :roll:

Your annoyingly correct sarcasm may be right, but they just said they'd probably submit it on the last day of September, then, come the last day of September, they DID NOT submit it, and have said nothing on the subject since. No info, no updates. That's what annoys me about it.

Chocolate

PostMon Oct 10, 2011 4:49 am

Except that they did say something about it. Couple times in fact

RunnyGnome

PostMon Oct 10, 2011 4:59 am

Jackjack wrote:Except that they did say something about it. Couple times in fact

I didn't see it anywhere, Princess Bigfoot.

powerflower

PostMon Oct 10, 2011 11:25 am

You guys.. :roll:

I agree that it was a mistake for them to set a date for the release in the first place. But what is done is done, and since we're talking about an indie developer and their first major release I think we should be more understanding than if it was one of the major publishers.

That said, I still think it's 1000 times better to postpone the release until the game is as finished as possible. Waiting makes people complain a bit at the most, but releasing an unfinished game will cause an outcry!
Next

Return to General