Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Thoughts on my base

Post your awesome creations here!
  • Author
BlackHawk

Thoughts on my base

PostSat May 13, 2017 5:54 pm

I wanted this build to be a massive project. Terraformed a entire world (small). Started with a simple column structure for a wall, experimented with it for awhile and came up with this.Image
I took the pattern and replicated for maybe 500 blocks east and west. When I was building this I didn't know what I wanted it to look like so I was just going for whatever I thought at the moment. The bottom middle of the base was going to be like a vault of some sort but ended up being a storage system for plants.Image
Then underneath the column structures I built more storage vaults. Image
They are not finished I have yet to build the furniture. So then by this is was seriously getting burnt out looking at it so I decided to move above ground. This is what I came up with.Image
Now this is far from done as I have not yet built the glass roof or completed the stone structures supporting the glass. Here's how far I am with it right now.ImageImageImage
Now to reiterate I wanted this build to be massive in size as you can see. When I look at it now it's not the prettiest of things but it's sheer size is impressive. Yesterday I started adding colored goo lights and I kinda got carried away. It came to the point where it was hard to look at after awhile because the cyan goo was hurting my eyes. I don't really know what to do with it from here and suggestions would help me greatly.

BlackHawk

Re: Thoughts on my base

PostSat May 13, 2017 5:59 pm

Edit: I was trying to go for a futuristic type look so the color palette is quite bland. It consists of stone bricks, bridges, merlons, and slabs, cracked and regular glass blocks, prison bricks, stucco bricks, grey wood planks and panels, and iron blocks.

Lightbulb

PostSat May 13, 2017 7:39 pm

Hmm. it looks interesting. Aesthetically speaking, it doesnt too good when zoomed out, probably due to repetition of style.
Nontheless, its interesting. Please post the end product of your build

Tye-Dye

PostSat May 13, 2017 11:14 pm

Looks incredible this really is a large scale build nice job :)
I've also moved this topic to the "Your Creations" subforum
I am Josh, I used to do YouTube over on TyeDyeVideos PM me for a prize on finding this!
"Blue, blue. You can't be happy unless you know happy-happyism."

Return to Your Creations